"Standards for the 21st-Century Learner" offer vision for teaching and learning to both guide and beckon our profession as education leaders. They will both shape the library program and serve as a tool for library media specialists to use to shape the learning of students in the school.
Zij noemen hierbij 9 'common beliefs':
- Reading is a window to the world.
- Inquiry provides a framework for learning.
- Ethical behavior in the use of information must be taught.
- Technology skills are crucial for future employment needs.
- Equitable access is a key component for education.
- The definition of information literacy has become more complex as resources and technologies have changed.
- The continuing expansion of information demands that all individuals acquire the thinking skills that will enable them to learn on their own.
- Learning has a social context.
- School libraries are essential to the development of learning skills.
Persoonlijk vind ik de laatste wel heel duidelijk eigenbelang en vraag ik me af of een bibliotheek hier daadwerkelijk essentieel is.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...