20 things to do on a social network in the office
posted on Dec 30, 2007 by willem in Social Software
Marcel de Ruiter (werkzaam bij de ING) heeft een aardig overzicht gemaakt van dingen die je met social networking kan doen op kantoor:
- Find that expert in (…any work related topic that comes to mind…) when I need them.
- Post questions to my network (for everybody to see of course).
- Locate colleagues interested in the same things as I am (and meet up for lunch!).
- Ask for opinions on a specific route for doing things (e-mail management?).
- Check out and approach the people or manager(s) at my next job position.
- Market myself within the company in the fields I am good at (personal branding).
- Keep my resume and personal information readily available for all and easy to update.
- Check out interesting projects going on (that I may be doing also and so save some time; keep me from re-inventing the wheel).
- Answer questions that actually “find me” because of my profile and network (and be rewarded for my participation!).
- Create communities of people around a specific topic to focus the individual effort and passion.
- Learn about the people around me (who I greet in the hallway but know nothing about).
- Discuss about idea’s, experiences, lessons learned, business process improvements, tools, policies, external developments.
- Being able to put out a few thoughts now and then, tag them and let them go for all to react on, learn from. And of course read your thoughts!
- Be aware of what is going around in the space I am involved with and beyond.
- Quickly learn about the (new) work and colleagues when landing in a new position.
- Find out where people are working with my educational and work experience.
- Want to know what my network knows that I should know.
- Just want to keep my list of contacts (who do approach for what).
- Trace the person who knows that special person who knows about that particular topic.
- Hey, I would even like to post a few photo’s of ING events to share with everyone around here.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...