Errol Craig Sull has made a list of the 10 mayor obstacles and their solutions for teaching online.
- Losing all power and other related interruptions
- New to teaching/new to teaching online.
- A severe medical problem strains teaching efforts.
- Sexual/aggressive emails and other difficult communications from students.
- Receiving poor student and/or supervisor evaluations.
- Teaching an unfamiliar course or subject.
- Links in course not working/course setup items incorrect.
- Efficiently managing time.
- Accidentally posting email, etc., with improper/offensive wording.
- Posting grades incorrectly—especially final ones.
As Wilfred Rubens mentioned in his post, it is interesting to see that most problems are not related to the teaching. Most of these are technical and communication problems.
As a teacher you should be aware that your communication is very clear and doesn't give to much room for interpretation. You don't have the classroom to correct this.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...