After the great Open Education Global 2018 conference is now time to focus on the 2019 edition. This years conference is organised in Milan by the hosts OEC and Politecnico di Milano (Polimi) from 26-28 November 2019.
The theme of the conference is Open Education for an Open Future - Resources, Practices, Communities. This theme aims to emphasize opportunities offered by Open Education as a means to empowerment and to increase accessibility and quality of educational opportunities for all.
Call for Proposals
The call for proposals is open with a deadline of May 1st. Again this year we are collaborating with Open Praxis. They will publish a selection of papers from the Open Education Global 2019 conference.
The tracks and topics that are available are:
- Strategies for the further development of open educational resources, practices, and communities through cross-boundary collaborations
- a) Open connections and collaborations
- b) Open education to bridge the gaps beyond curricular education
- c) Open education meets Sustainable Development Goals
- Roles and practices to enact open education
- a) Students, facilitators, teachers, and communities: evolving roles, fading dichotomies
- b) Open Educational Practices and curriculum design
- c) Tools, technologies, and spaces that enable, support and spread open education
- Pedagogy, reflections and policies for an open future
- a) Open education research
- b) Impact of open education initiatives
- c) Policies & strategies for open education
- d) Visions of future landscapes
I hope to see you all in Milan in November. Submit your proposal(s) and start packing your bag!