It has been a busy travel year: 12 trips, 8 countries, 20 flights and 92 nights away from home. As many of you know I like the travelling to comes with my current job. In most cases I have the opportunity to stay a couple of days longer to explore the city or country. Here is the list of trips:
- Jan: day trip to Brussels
- Feb: visit to Airbus in Toulouse and Marseille
- March/April: conference in Sausalito (next to Golden Gate Bridge) and extra time to do a roadtrip around California (San Franscisco, Napa Valley, Yosemite NP, Kings Canyon, Sequia NP, Death Valley, Santa Barbara, HW 1 up to Monterey)
- April/May: Conference in Banff and a roadtrip around Alberta (Banff NP, Jasper NP, Edmonton, Drumheller, Calgary)
- June: Conference in Barcelona, only one afternoon to explore the city
- July/Aug: Holiday in Fryslân
- September: Weekend in Dusseldorf
- Sept/October: Conference in Sun City, South Africa. Added 2,5 weeks to explore South Africa (Johannesburg/Pretoria, Entabeni Game Reserve, Capetown, Krugerpark, Sun City)
- November: Conference in Vancouver. Added a couple of extra days to visit Whistler and Vancouver Island.
- Nov/Dec: Conference in Rome, added 2 days to visit Rome and Vatican City (first time for me in Rome)
- December: Christmas holiday in Fryslân
I have been to Canada before (Montreal and Vancouver), both trips this year I had a car. This is a great way to explore the states of Alberta and British Colombia. The surrounding is astounishing and the forces of nature are very visible.
For me it was the first time to South Africa and I'm certain it won't be the last time. I really enjoyed the country and especially the wild life. In total, I did 9 game drives in 3 different parks (Entabeni, Kruger and Pilanesberg). Especially for these game drives I bought a new lens (Sigma 50-500mm) and it did a great job. In 2,5 weeks I made almost 4000 photos, a selection is published on Flickr.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...